Bhutan, located in South Asia, is a small but picturesque country known for its stunning landscapes, rich cultural heritage, and commitment to preserving its natural environment. If you are a Bangladeshi citizen planning a trip to Bhutan, this guide will provide you with essential information on the visa application process and requirements to help ensure a seamless journey.
Types of Bhutan Visas for Bangladeshis
There are two types of Bhutan visas available for Bangladeshi citizens, depending on the purpose of their visit. These include:
- Tourist visa: This visa is suitable for those visiting Bhutan for tourism or leisure purposes. It typically allows for stays of up to 30 days.
- Business visa: This visa is intended for those traveling to Bhutan for business purposes, such as attending meetings or conferences.
Visa Application Process
- Plan your trip: The first step is to plan your trip to Bhutan, including the dates of travel and places you plan to visit.
- Contact a licensed Bhutanese tour operator: As a Bangladeshi citizen, you must book your trip to Bhutan through a licensed Bhutanese tour operator. They will help you with the visa application process and arrange your travel itinerary.
- Provide the required documents: The tour operator will provide you with a list of required documents for the visa application, which typically include:
- A valid Bangladeshi passport with at least six months of validity remaining
- A completed and signed visa application form
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Proof of accommodation in Bhutan (e.g., hotel reservation or itinerary provided by the tour operator)
- Travel itinerary and return flight tickets
- Proof of financial means to support yourself during your stay (e.g., bank statements, salary slips)
- Pay the tour package fees: The tour package fees vary depending on the type of tour and duration of stay in Bhutan. Ensure you pay the correct amount when submitting your application.
- Wait for the visa decision: The tour operator will submit your visa application to the Bhutanese government. The processing time for a Bhutan visa can take up to 10 working days.
- Collect your visa: If your application is approved, the tour operator will provide you with the visa, which is typically issued upon arrival at the Bhutanese airport. Make sure to check the visa details, such as the validity period and type, before leaving.
Bangladeshi citizens are not eligible for the Visa-Free Program (VFP) in Bhutan. Therefore, a visa is required for Bangladeshi citizens to enter Bhutan.
Obtaining a Bhutan visa as a Bangladeshi citizen requires careful planning and attention to detail. By following the steps outlined in this guide and working with a licensed Bhutanese tour operator, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience, allowing you to focus on enjoying the stunning landscapes, rich cultural heritage, and commitment to preserving natural environment in Bhutan.