Canada is a paradise for tourists from all over the world; with its stunning natural beauty, welcoming people and hi-tech cities, Canada offers an unforgettable experience. Visitors from many countries need an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) to visit Canada; the ETA can be obtained online, and the process is straightforward. In this article, we will guide you on how to purchase the Canadian Electronic Travel Document (ETA) and provide a comprehensive FAQ section.
What is an ETA?
An Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is an online application which is required of most visitors travelling to Canada from overseas countries. It is a document that is electronically linked to your passport and allows you to enter Canada. An ETA is generally valid for five years or until your passport expires. An ETA is also required for transiting through Canada. It is not a visa but a legal permit to board a flight to Canada and meet an immigration officer.
Who Needs to Apply for an ETA?
Currently, citizens of 60 countries are required to apply for an ETA when travelling to Canada, including:
– Czech Republic
– New Zealand
– Republic of Korea
– San Marino
– United Kingdom
Visitors from the United States, Greenland, and Saint Pierre and Miquelon do not require an ETA to enter Canada.
How to Apply for an ETA?
To apply for an ETA, you only need a few things:
– A valid passport
– A credit card or PayPal account
– An email address
You can follow these simple steps to apply for an ETA:
1. Go to the official Canadian government website for the ETA application at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta/apply.html
2. Click on “Apply Online.”
3. Read the instructions on the page, and then click on “Next.”
4. In the next section, you will be asked about your Citizenship and whether you have a valid Canadian visa. Please answer all the questions.
5. In the next section, you will be asked about your Personal Information, including your full name, date of birth, and contact details like your email address. Please make sure you fill in these details correctly.
6. In the next section, you will be asked about your Trip Details, including your purpose of travel, where you are staying, and how long you plan to stay.
7. In the next section, you will be asked about your Eligibility Questions, which will determine whether you are eligible to travel to Canada.
8. Pay for your ETA application using a credit card or PayPal account. The fee for an ETA is $7 CAD.
9. After paying your fee, you will receive a confirmation number and ETA status.
10. The processing time for an ETA application is generally quick and takes only a few minutes. However, it can take up to three days in some cases.
1. Q: How long does it take to receive an ETA?
A: The processing time for an ETA application is quick and takes only a few minutes. However, it can take up to three days in some cases.
2. Q: Is an ETA the same as a visa?
A: No, an ETA is not the same as a visa. An ETA is only a legal permit to board a flight to Canada and meet an immigration officer.
3. Q: Do children need an ETA to enter Canada?
A: Yes, children from countries requiring the ETA will also need to apply for an ETA to enter Canada.
4. Q: Can I apply for an ETA even if I don’t know my travel details?
A: Yes, you can apply for an ETA even if you do not have all your travel details. However, it is essential to provide as much information as possible to avoid any delays.
5. Q: What should I do if my ETA application is denied?
A: If your ETA application is denied, you may still apply for a visitor visa if you wish to enter Canada.
Canada is one of the most visited countries in the world, and the process of obtaining an ETA is easy and straightforward. Do not forget to apply for your ETA at least a few days before your travel to avoid any inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding the ETA application process, refer to the official Canadian government website or speak to your travel agent. We hope this article has helped guide you through the ETA application process and answered any questions you may have. Safe travels!