Jordan is a fascinating Middle Eastern country known for its stunning landscapes, ancient ruins, and vibrant culture. If you are a Bangladeshi citizen planning a trip to Jordan, this guide will provide you with essential information on the visa application process and requirements to help ensure a seamless journey.
Types of Jordan Visas for Bangladeshis
There are several types of Jordan visas available for Bangladeshi citizens, depending on the purpose of their visit. These include:
- Tourist visa: This visa is suitable for those visiting Jordan for tourism or leisure purposes. It typically allows for stays of up to 30 days.
- Business visa: This visa is intended for those traveling to Jordan for business purposes, such as attending meetings or negotiations.
- Student visa: This visa is intended for those who have been accepted to study at a Jordanian educational institution.
Visa Application Process
- Determine the visa type: The first step is to determine the type of visa you require based on the purpose of your visit.
- Gather the required documents: Ensure you have all the necessary documents before beginning the application process. The requirements may vary depending on the visa type, but generally include:
- A valid Bangladeshi passport with at least six months of validity remaining
- A completed and signed visa application form
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Proof of accommodation in Jordan (e.g., hotel reservation or invitation from a host)
- Travel itinerary and return flight tickets
- Proof of financial means to support yourself during your stay (e.g., bank statements, salary slips)
- Submit your application: Bangladeshi citizens can submit their visa applications to the nearest Jordanian embassy or consulate, located in New Delhi, India. You may need to schedule an appointment in advance.
- Pay the visa fees: The visa fees vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for. Ensure you pay the correct amount when submitting your application.
- Wait for the visa decision: The processing time for a Jordan visa can take up to 15 working days. In some cases, it may take longer due to additional document verification or security checks.
- Collect your visa: If your application is approved, you will be notified to collect your visa from the embassy or consulate. Make sure to check the visa details, such as the validity period and type, before leaving.
Bangladeshi citizens are not eligible for the Visa-Free Program (VFP) in Jordan. Therefore, a visa is required for Bangladeshi citizens to enter Jordan.
Obtaining a Jordan visa as a Bangladeshi citizen requires careful preparation and attention to detail. By following the steps outlined in this guide and ensuring you have all the necessary documents, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience, allowing you to focus on enjoying the stunning landscapes, ancient ruins, and vibrant culture of Jordan.