The Maldives, located in South Asia, is a popular tourist destination known for its stunning beaches, coral reefs, and luxurious resorts. If you are a Bangladeshi citizen planning a trip to the Maldives, this guide will provide you with essential information on the visa application process and requirements to help ensure a seamless journey.
Types of Maldives Visas for Bangladeshis
There are two types of Maldives visas available for Bangladeshi citizens, depending on the purpose of their visit. These include:
- Tourist visa: This visa is suitable for those visiting the Maldives for tourism or leisure purposes. It typically allows for stays of up to 30 days.
- Business visa: This visa is intended for those traveling to the Maldives for business purposes, such as attending meetings or conferences.
Visa Application Process
- Plan your trip: The first step is to plan your trip to the Maldives, including the dates of travel and places you plan to visit.
- Gather the required documents: Ensure you have all the necessary documents before beginning the application process. The requirements may vary depending on the visa type, but generally include:
- A valid Bangladeshi passport with at least six months of validity remaining
- A completed and signed visa application form
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- Proof of accommodation in the Maldives (e.g., hotel reservation or invitation from a host)
- Travel itinerary and return flight tickets
- Proof of financial means to support yourself during your stay (e.g., bank statements, salary slips)
- Submit your application: Bangladeshi citizens can submit their visa applications to the Maldives Embassy in Bangladesh, located in Dhaka. You may need to schedule an appointment in advance.
- Pay the visa fees: The visa fees vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for. Ensure you pay the correct amount when submitting your application.
- Wait for the visa decision: The processing time for a Maldives visa can take up to seven working days. In some cases, it may take longer due to additional document verification or security checks.
- Collect your visa: If your application is approved, you will be notified to collect your visa from the embassy. Make sure to check the visa details, such as the validity period and type, before leaving.
Bangladeshi citizens are eligible for the Visa-Free Program (VFP) in the Maldives, which allows for visa-free entry for up to 30 days for tourism or leisure purposes. To be eligible, you must have a valid Bangladeshi passport and meet other eligibility criteria. It is recommended to check the eligibility criteria and requirements before traveling to the Maldives.
Obtaining a Maldives visa as a Bangladeshi citizen requires careful preparation and attention to detail. By following the steps outlined in this guide and ensuring you have all the necessary documents, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience, allowing you to focus on enjoying the stunning beaches, coral reefs, and luxurious resorts of the Maldives.