The Maldives, an island nation in the Indian Ocean, is a dream destination for many travelers due to its stunning white-sand beaches, crystal-clear waters, and abundant marine life. For Pakistani citizens planning a vacation to the Maldives, obtaining a visa is an important part of the process. The good news is that the Maldives offers a visa-on-arrival facility for Pakistani citizens, making the process relatively simple. This article provides a comprehensive guide to acquiring a Maldives visa for Pakistani citizens, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience.
Pakistani citizens are eligible for a 30-day visa-on-arrival when visiting the Maldives for tourism purposes. Before traveling, ensure that you meet the following requirements:
- A valid Pakistani passport with at least six months’ validity from the date of entry into the Maldives.
- A confirmed hotel reservation in the Maldives or an invitation letter from a Maldivian resident if staying with friends or family.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your stay. This typically means at least USD 100 per day, plus an additional USD 50 for the entire duration of your stay. You may be asked to provide bank statements or a letter from your employer as evidence.
- A round-trip flight reservation or a detailed travel itinerary.
Follow these steps to obtain your visa-on-arrival in the Maldives as a Pakistani citizen:
- Upon arrival at the Maldives airport, head to the immigration counter designated for visa-on-arrival.
- Present your valid Pakistani passport, confirmed hotel reservation or invitation letter, and proof of sufficient funds to the immigration officer.
- The immigration officer will review your documents and, if everything is in order, issue you a 30-day visa-on-arrival, which will be stamped in your passport.
Extension of Stay
If you wish to extend your stay in the Maldives beyond the initial 30 days, you can apply for an extension at the Maldives Immigration office before your visa expires. The maximum extension allowed is 60 days, bringing the total length of stay to 90 days. However, the extension is subject to approval by Maldives Immigration, and additional fees may apply.
Acquiring a Maldives visa for Pakistani citizens is a hassle-free process, thanks to the visa-on-arrival facility. Once you have secured your visa, you can begin planning your unforgettable trip to the Maldives. With its idyllic beaches, luxurious resorts, and world-class diving and snorkeling opportunities, the Maldives offers a truly memorable travel experience for all visitors.