Process for Applying for a Germany Family Reunification Visa
If you are planning to join a family member who is already living in Germany, you will need to apply for a Family Reunification Visa. This visa is designed to reunite families who have been separated due to political unrest, war, or other reasons. If you are uncertain about the process of how to apply for this visa, this article will guide you on the steps to take.
Here is the process for applying for a Germany Family Reunification Visa.
1. Check Eligibility
Before you apply for a Family Reunification Visa, it is important to verify if you are eligible. The following factors determine your eligibility:
• Reunification with spouse or parent: You may join a family member living in Germany if you are married or a child below 18 years of age.
• Reunification with children: Parents who are currently living outside Germany may relocate to be with a child who is living in Germany.
• Reunification with relatives: You can also apply for a Family Reunification Visa if you have close family members like siblings, grandparents or grandchildren living in Germany.
2. Gather Required Documents
Once you have determined your eligibility, the next step is to prepare the required documents. These are:
• A valid national passport
• Two recent passport-sized photographs
• Birth certificate
• Marriage certificate (if applicable)
• Proof of relationship with the family member in Germany
• Proof of German language proficiency
• Proof of financial resources
3. Submit Application
After you have gathered the necessary documents, you can submit your application. You can apply for the Family Reunification Visa at the German embassy or consulate in your home country.
When submitting the application, you may be required to pay a fee. The amount will vary depending on the embassy or consulate you visit.
4. Wait for Visa Approval
The processing time for the Family Reunification Visa will vary depending on the embassy or consulate. Once your application is processed, you will receive a notification of approval or rejection.
If your application is approved, you will then be issued with a visa which will be valid for 90 days. You can then travel to Germany to join your family member who is already living there.
1. Do I need to speak German to apply for a Family Reunification Visa?
Yes. You will need to have a basic knowledge of the German language. You will need to prove that you can communicate in German, as this is essential for your integration into German society.
2. Can I apply for a Family Reunification Visa if I am a refugee?
Yes. Refugees can apply for Family Reunification Visas to join their family members who are already in Germany.
3. What is the cost of applying for a Family Reunification Visa?
The cost of applying for a Family Reunification Visa varies depending on the embassy or consulate. The cost ranges from 75 to 250 Euros.
4. Can I bring my spouse with me on a Family Reunification Visa?
Yes. If you are married, you can apply for a Family Reunification Visa to be reunited with your spouse who is living in Germany.