Temporary Work Permit of Canada: Applying from Turkey
Canada is known for its diversity and has always welcomed foreign workers to come and contribute to its economy. Turkey is also one of the countries that is welcomed in Canada and has established a strong bond between the two countries that dates back to 1949. There are many Turks who would like to visit or work in Canada, and for that, they need to obtain a temporary work permit.
What is a Temporary Work Permit?
A temporary work permit is a document that allows a foreign worker to work temporarily in Canada. It is issued by the Government of Canada and is designed for those who want to work in Canada for a short period of time, usually for up to two years. The temporary work permit is employer-specific and job-specific, meaning that it is only valid for the employer and the job specified in the permit.
How to Apply for Temporary Work Permit from Turkey?
The process of applying for a temporary work permit from Turkey requires a few steps, which are as follows:
Step 1: Check your eligibility
To be eligible for a temporary work permit, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer
- Must prove that he or she will leave Canada once the permit expires
- Must have the necessary qualifications and work experience for the job
- Must have a clean criminal record and be in good health
Step 2: Gather the Required Documents
The following documents are required to apply for a temporary work permit:
- A job offer letter from a Canadian employer
- A copy of the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) if required
- A valid passport or travel document
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Evidence of ties to the home country such as property, family, and financial assets
- Evidence of financial support to cover the expenses during your stay in Canada
- Evidence of qualifications and work experience
Step 3: Apply for a Work Permit
Once the applicant has gathered all the required documents, he or she can apply for a work permit online through the Government of Canada’s website. The applicant will need to create an account and follow the step-by-step instructions provided.
Step 4: Wait for the Decision
Once the application is submitted, the Canadian immigration officials will review the application and make a decision. This process may take several weeks or months, depending on the complexity of the case. Once the application is approved, the Canadian embassy in Turkey will issue the work permit to the applicant.
1. How long does it take to get a temporary work permit from Turkey?
The processing time for a temporary work permit may vary depending on the complexity of the case. Generally, it takes around several weeks or months to get a decision on the application.
2. Can I apply for a temporary work permit without a job offer?
No, you cannot apply for a temporary work permit without a valid job offer from a Canadian employer.
3. How long can I stay in Canada with a temporary work permit?
A temporary work permit is valid for the duration of the job specified in the permit. It can be extended or renewed if the applicant wishes to stay longer in Canada.
4. Can I bring my family with me when I come to Canada on a temporary work permit?
Yes, the applicant can bring his or her spouse or common-law partner and dependent children to Canada. However, they will need to apply for their own visas and meet the eligibility requirements.
5. Can I apply for permanent residency while working in Canada on a temporary work permit?
Yes, the applicant can apply for permanent residency in Canada while working on a temporary work permit. The Canadian government offers a variety of programs that allow the foreign worker to apply for permanent residency once they have worked in Canada for a specified amount of time.
In conclusion, obtaining a temporary work permit from Turkey to work in Canada requires some preparation and documentation. It is essential to check the eligibility criteria and gather all the necessary documents before applying for a work permit. Once the application is submitted, the applicant must wait for a decision before coming to Canada to start working. With the right preparation and documentation, it is possible for Turks to work temporarily in Canada and contribute to its economy.