Turkish Airlines, which operates flights to more countries of the world than any other carrier, has expanded the geography of the Stopover service for its transit passengers departing from Pakistan, Kazakhstan, Australia, Russia, Belarus and traveling to the US, Europe, South America, Great Britain, Ireland, the Far East, the Middle East, North Africa and Asia. The Stopover service provides accommodation in the hotel and the opportunity to enjoy the beauties of Istanbul during the transit. Now the passengers departing from these countries, with docking in Istanbul for more than 20 hours, can use the service previously provided only to passengers departing from Pakistan.
Upon completion of the booking process by the passenger, an authorized Turkish Airlines employee will provide a voucher for accommodation at the hotel. This voucher will allow economy class passengers to stay one night in a 4-star hotel, and business-class passengers for two nights in a 5-star hotel in the Sultanahmet and Taksim areas, considered the center of Istanbul.
“After receiving positive feedback from our passengers, we are happy to expand the geography of our Stopover program to other countries”, said the Marketing Director of Turkish Airlines, Ahmet Olmustur. “We want to provide our passengers with the opportunity to enjoy Turkish hospitality and To get acquainted with the sights of the magnificent city of Istanbul.We are sure that our passengers will enjoy this program with the maximum benefit for themselves”, added he.
The Stopover service is offered to:
– Passengers traveling from Kazakhstan to the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Panama, Cuba, Europe (Schengen countries), Middle East countries (UAE, Qatar, Bahrain) and South Africa (Durban, Johannesburg, Cape Town);
– Passengers traveling from Australia to Europe, the Balkans and Turkey;
– Passengers traveling from Russia to the United States, Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Panama, Cuba, Asia and the Far East;
– Passengers traveling from Belarus to Asia and the Far East, the Middle East and North Africa;
– Passengers traveling from Pakistan to the USA, Canada, Europe (Schengen countries), the UK, Ireland, Saudi Arabia (only for passengers traveling to Hajj and Umrah)
Turkish Airlines is the national flag carrier airline of Turkey. As of July 2015, it operates scheduled services to 290 destinations in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas, making it the fourth-largest carrier in the world by number of destinations. Turkish Airlines has been a member of the Star Alliance network since April 2008.